Welcome to Living Flyfishing

On this blog I will write about my fishing adventures, my development as a fisherman, fly tying and about the education at the Sportfishing Academy.
"Learning something and becoming better at it as time passes, isn't that a joy? When then people from all around the world, all sharing this interest, get together and become friends, isn't that also a joy?" - Confucius

Sunday, May 6, 2012

There is always something to complain about

Isn't that the sad truth? No matter how satisfied you ought to be with a day of fishing there will always be something that you can grumble about. Just as it is with anything else, I guess.


The last week of school is now over and while I am writing this I am already sitting in Germany. After the last test were completed there was a little time left to fish before going back home and starting our internships. Erik and I thought a nice way of finishing this school year was to go to our small and special lake where we had fished from the belly boat a couple of weeks ago. Only this time we brought a little more equipment as we wanted to camp out at the lake from monday to tuesday. We really fished a lot and paddled several kilometers. I didn't know that I was so out of shape until I had cramps in both my thighs at the same time. Not funny at all when sitting in a belly boat, I can tell you that. However, despite cramps and sun burns and waaay too nice weather Erik and I caught 44 pikes, amongst them my new pb on 75cm end Erik new pb on the fly on 85cm. Apparently, we were extremely lucky with the timing as the fish had just spawned. We saw a lot of eggs in the reeds. A bonus was how aggresive those pikes took the fly, incredible how big a small fish can seem when it strikes. Eventhough the average size during in that lake seems to be rather small, the fights were still amazing.

Overall, we really enjoyed the last days in Forshaga before we go our seperate ways until the beginning of october. Although we got sooo sunburned, the weather was too nice, we only caught 12 pikes the second day ;-). I guess a fisherman can never be satisfied.


"Almost there, Erik"

Two savages
Angel in white
Pike on 85cm a.k.a. "torpedo"





No comments:

Post a Comment