Welcome to Living Flyfishing

On this blog I will write about my fishing adventures, my development as a fisherman, fly tying and about the education at the Sportfishing Academy.
"Learning something and becoming better at it as time passes, isn't that a joy? When then people from all around the world, all sharing this interest, get together and become friends, isn't that also a joy?" - Confucius

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rest In Pieces SAGE FLi

The first fly rod is always something special, you get a really close maybe even sentimental relation it no matter how expensive it was. The memory of your first fish caught on a fly rod is something you will always bear in mind.

I had decided to take today off to fish a little and early this morning, or call it late this night if you prefer that, I got up at 0300h to head to Fyn's southern coastline to fish for seatrout and garfish on poppers. Due to the warm temperatures during this time of the year, we had 27°C yesterday, the only time to catch a seatrout is around dawn and around dusk. Garfish are not so tricky, they will take at any time of the day.

The spot I picked was around Assens and the stretch looked really promising with the important variety of the bottom structure, some stony areas, some with seaweeds and some sandy - over all perfect for seatrout. However, I did not see any of those but I had some strikes by garfish. Unluckily, they are a little difficult to hook.

And then suddenly I heard this "crack" sound. At first I could not believe my eyes but I had definitely broken my rod tip. Somehow I must have managed to break it in a cast. How? I have no idea. It still can't believe it. So frustrating! Getting up at 3 not catching anything and after two hours you break your rod and have to go home. That sucks! I just hope that the warranty will somehow cover it.

R.I.P.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment