Welcome to Living Flyfishing

On this blog I will write about my fishing adventures, my development as a fisherman, fly tying and about the education at the Sportfishing Academy.
"Learning something and becoming better at it as time passes, isn't that a joy? When then people from all around the world, all sharing this interest, get together and become friends, isn't that also a joy?" - Confucius

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Package Fulll of Kick Ass - VISION Skagit

Is Santa Claus early this year? At least that was what it felt like when I finally received the package which I had ordered from Fly Dressing/VISION. Inside: The brand new VISION Ace Skagit line for my VISION siks, two extra T-Tips and a s***load of the new Ace leaders in all available lenghts. This was a reward from the school for the article I had written for the German magazine FliegenFischen in february. Why Skagit, you might wonder. During last years "VISION week" I had the opportunity to test Skagit lines for the first time and I just wanted one of these shooting heads. At the fishing fair in Stockholm three weeks ago I then tested the new lines, a 31gr shooting head, in combination with my Siks #7 13'4" and it felt awesome. The good thing about the Skagit style of casting, which comes from the Pacific Northwest from a river named Skagit, is that you can fish extremely deep and with huge and heavy flies in areas with barely any casting space.
I am really looking forward to testing this incredible combo on the hunt for salmon and trout soon.
 
If you want to have more precise info about Skagit then you should watch this video with Matthias Drugge and Tobbe Hedin:




No comments:

Post a Comment