Welcome to Living Flyfishing

On this blog I will write about my fishing adventures, my development as a fisherman, fly tying and about the education at the Sportfishing Academy.
"Learning something and becoming better at it as time passes, isn't that a joy? When then people from all around the world, all sharing this interest, get together and become friends, isn't that also a joy?" - Confucius

Monday, April 2, 2012

Growing Frustration

Yesterday my buddy Joakim Bornedal and me were out on Klarälven to fish pike. Our mission: Catch pike that Johnny Norrgård from Karlstad University could then tag with a radio transmitter for his science project. Unfortunately, in the beginning of last week 20.000 salmon smolts were released into the river, so finding a hungry pike was going to be hard and the water temperature on 1,9°C did not help our cause. Long story short: After 4 hours of fishing without even the slightest contact, the coating of my brand new running-line starting to peel off and an increasing wind we decided to head home and call it quits.
In the evening the guys and me decided to give it a shot at Kvarntorpsån, just to finally get at least a small fish. The sky looked nice and there was only little wind so everybody looked forward to making a few casts. But sure enough, the second we climbed out of the car a snow storm started. My first thought was: "Who talked me into this s***?" However, the storm did only last for a few minutes and we were able to fish. This Swedish spring weather is really weird, changing so rapidly. 
Both Jocke and Bambi succeeded in catching a small but fine pike, so I am still the only one who has not caught anything this year. Despite the fact, that I have by far invested the most time. But sometimes that's just the way it is and you just have to suck it up and keep on fishing. 

Joakim is on the hunt for pike
Did I say spring?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment